Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Science says...

Checking out "Yes! magazine" I stopped on Interactive Graphic that shows "10 Things Science Says Will Make You Happy". Interested in answering philosophical question "what makes us happy", father-son researchers Ed Diener and Robert Biswas-Diener, Stanford psychologist Sonja Lyubomirsky and ethicist Stephen Post have studied people all over the world to find out how things like money, attitude, culture, memory, health, altruism, and our day-to-day habits affect our well-being. For me, research showed some things that most people wouldn't follow, but hey, we not perfect, but I believe at least, we have to try. Everybody can try because it's so simple. Let's quickly go through it together ;):

Savor Everyday Moments - Everyday life gives us different circumstances, sometimes you just don't see them ;)

Avoid Comparisons - I know that b**** Emily talked sh** about you in the bathroom, but hey, start the change in yourself first ;)


Put Money Low on the List - I think it's quite hard to do in our times, I would paraphrase it into: "Remember, you don't live for money."


Have Meaningful Goals - it says “As humans, we actually require a sense of meaning to thrive.” Get your life together and find you ;)


Take Initiative at Work - Creativity, creativity and creativity ;)


Make Friends, Treasure Family - That's what we do ;)


Smile Even When You Don’t Feel Like It - You think I put smileys automatically!? I really smile everytime I do it ;)


Say Thank You Like You Mean It - Just remember that some words are more than just sounds ;)


Get Out and Exercise - That's what I forgot about ;)


Give It Away, Give It Away Now! - Don't start giving all your stuff to people around you, but "Researcher Elizabeth Dunn found that those who spend money on others reported much greater happiness than those who spend it on themselves." Livin' positive ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment