Thursday, February 24, 2011

Our bad habits... that keep us down...

"New York's City Council voted last week to pass a law extending city's smoking ban on parks, beaches and plazas where pedestrians congregate like in Times Square and Union Square." - says Time magazine's "Healthland" online rubric.
Even though smoking was accepted in Western society for a centuries, now (may be in 90 days when ban will be in effect), many New Yorkers have to face this problem of giving up this "bad habit". Is it going to effect city's lifestyle and bring sunshine to parks and streets of Big Apple City? Not sure. But for one thing I know for sure, that many people at least will consider of giving up this bad and now expensive habit, and certainly it's gonna collapse their feelings. What I mean is quitting cigarettes is really make people happier. Nicotine and Tobacco research done by scientists from Cancer Research UK Health Centre of University College London showed that 69% of 900 surveyed ex-smokers felt happier than when they were smokers, only 3% reported to feeling less happy.
What can I say? It's your choice. You think giving up this bad habit is really necessary to become happier? Well I smoke and a lot, and if it will make me happier I can put it in my list of how to live happier. Livin' positive ;)

And I got a song for you, those whose lungs are already tired doing their work but still you can play it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment